On 12/11/2010 03:51 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Richard Hundt:

My point is that, although there is a way of creating a sparse table
which works in a numeric for loop which (i.e. the # operator respects
the number of elements the table was constructed with barring trailing
nil's),

This is simply not true, it's an artifact of some Lua implementation,
in some cases.

This is Lua 5.2 for which there is a canonical implementation nearing release readiness. Surely conscious effort went into supporting the new table semantics? Besides, I'm specifically giving feedback to the Lua 5.2 alpha implementation for which this thread was created.