On 12/7/2010 8:12 PM, Alex Queiroz wrote:
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM, KHMan wrote:

I'm sure it may sound okay in theory, like so many things. Lisp is great
with their culture, like keeping the assembly language mnemonics CAR and CDR
like a couple of sacred cows.

      Which, like everything else, has an explanation. They compose
better. But if you want FIRST and REST, they exist too...

Point taken. Good bait though... :-p

Maybe I'll frame it in another way. Suppose I am not a fluent programmer but want to tweak some game code to explore some new ideas -- then I would prefer the code's intentions to be bleedingly obvious. I like "bleedingly obvious"...

I think it's wonderful that we want to stick some of the incomparable greatness of Lisp into Lua now.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)