Hi Everyone,

Just throwing out an announcement for Tir 0.6:

http://tir.mongrel2.org/home

For those who don't know, Tir is a Lua web framework that works with
my other project, http://mongrel2.org to give you a pretty nice web
framework experience.  It's really small, doesn't include an ORM, and
supports various ways to manage state.  I'm already using it on
several projects with more to come.

NEW STUFF
==========

The main visible new thing is background tasks, which let you create a
process that reads requests off of a ZeroMQ socket and do stuff.  They
work kind of like the normal Handlers, but they're designed to let you
take long running jobs from a handler and then have some background
process do the work async.  Very handy when you need to get a response
to the user but need to do something complex like image manipulation
or updating indexes.

There's demo code in the project source as well as a simple demo on
the main page.

In addition to that, I refactored and cleaned up the code a ton,
making several modules for each thing and wrote quite a few unit tests
for nearly everything.  It should be much easier to follow along,
contribute, and analyze now.

I appreciate any feedback anyone has about it.

Thanks.

Zed