On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Zed Shaw <zed.shaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say my biggest question is on the Install instructions how I can
> get that list of install commands down to just one single luarocks
> install line.  It seems kind of silly that I have to have people
> curling down rockspecs manually to get at specs that are outside the
> luarocks ecosystem.  Anyone got ideas on telling luarocks that Tir
> depends on random URLs?

The easiest way to do that is to put up your own repository (copy your
rockspecs to a directory, run "luarocks-admin make_manifest" on it,
then upload its contents), then you can install using
--from=url_for_your_repo. LuaRocks will try to solve any dependencies
first with your repository and then with the regular ones.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas