Are you know SSL state machine, If you use nonblock tcp connection, You need handle read/write event to match with SSL State(openssl).

I can't remebers clearly. I think below function in ssl can help you
int SSL_want(const SSL *ssl);
int SSL_want_nothing(const SSL *ssl);
int SSL_want_read(const SSL *ssl);
int SSL_want_write(const SSL *ssl);
int SSL_want_x509_lookup(const SSL *ssl);

2010/12/3 Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com>
On 2 December 2010 18:24, Valerio Schiavoni <valerio.schiavoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if there is any plan to add support for non-blocking sockets
> to SSL.
> It seems that LuaSec (0.4?) doesn't provide such support.
> Am I understanding this correctly ?

It supports non-blocking sockets. LuaSec socket objects have a
:settimeout() method just as normal LuaSocket objects do.

Regards,
Matthew