2010/12/2 Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com>:
> Why hasn't Steve's FAQ been merged into the Wiki?

Good question - I tried to make a few links to it from the wiki.

One of the inconvenient things about the wiki is that it does not
support intra-document links, so that e.g. I could say

http://lua-users.org/wiki/SciteScripts#Helpers

Look at a big baby like http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules and
you can see the point; the standard wiki answer is 'refactor' but
there are only so many hours in the day.

Anyway, the point is that the unofficial FAQ would not be so useful as
a wiki page, because of this lack of local linking.

However, making a local copy when pushing out a new version would not
be difficult.

And yes, gotchas, foot-shooters, etc: they definitely have a place iin
the UFAQ.  I have been meaning to update it and I will include some of
these excellent points.

steve d.