2010/12/1 Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com>:
> Following the floating point discussion, I tried to look for a compilation
> of the various gotchas Lua beginners encounter, but I couldn't find one, so
> I decided to compile one...

This might be an after-the-gotcha rather than a gotcha, but one thing
I've noticed is people asking for interpretations of traceback error
messages like "foo.lua:10: ... 'x' (a nil value) foo.lua:10 in
function 'f'  bar.lua:20 in function 'g'", which means that on line 10
of file "foo.lua" in function f, the variable x is undefined, and f
was called by function f on line 20 of bar.lua.  It makes me wonder
whether something along the lines of [1] is warranted.

[1] http://github.com/ignacio/StackTracePlus