On 1 December 2010 10:15, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
> On those computer I'm allowed to run a program from an external HD, but not
> to install anything with an installer.

You can install and run TeX Live from an USB drive (it will include
LuaTeX and any other TeX stuff you care to install).  You can
configure it to be fully self-contained in one dir and to never write
to the host system (use --portable option of the installer).  It will
run on most platforms you can find in the wild - do the installation
on a *nix system and then add the platforms you need with tlmgr
utility.  To use it on a given platform, all you need is to put the
respective binaries on the path.  Hope that helps.  If you have more
questions, there is a helpful mailing list for TeX Live.

Cheers,

Tomek