Not sure the second require works. Maybe the module is already registered despite the error and the second call does nothing?

> Any one can say it! Thanks.

I see this in the Lanes code:

void luaG_inter_copy( lua_State* L, lua_State *L2, uint_t n )
{
    uint_t top_L= lua_gettop(L);
    uint_t top_L2= lua_gettop(L2);
    uint_t i;

    /* steal Lua library's 'luaB_tostring()' from the first call. Other calls
    * don't have to have access to it.
    *
    * Note: multiple threads won't come here at once; this function will
    *       be called before there can be multiple threads (no locking needed).
    */
    if (!hijacked_tostring) {
        STACK_GROW( L,1 );

      STACK_CHECK(L)
        lua_getglobal( L, "tostring" );
            //
            // [-1]: function|nil

        hijacked_tostring= lua_tocfunction( L, -1 );
        lua_pop(L,1);
      STACK_END(L,0)

        if (!hijacked_tostring) {
            luaL_error( L, "Need to see 'tostring()' once" );
        }
    }

Now, this error isn't raised using the stock Lua VM, so I can't say what is happening with LuaJIT.

Benoit.