> I'm sorry I missed this thread. What's this about? I see all this
> complex and superfluous, isn't it? Is it a contest to make things more
> difficult to understand? We have Perl for that, haven't we?

It is beyond belief that people find Perl difficult to read.  It reads
like english.  I've never understood the problem, or for that matter,
more computer languages do not use the idea of "context", like every
other human language, ever.

Context would help in exactly this case, context for closures, context
for the other case.  Obfuscate the code?  Not if you know the
language.

Having said that, I kind of enjoy lua's syntax.