jonsmirl@gmail.com <jonsmirl@gmail.com> [2010-11-24 17:34:27]:

> I'm trying to use the trick of wrapping a file descriptor for a serial
> port in a dummy socket and then using socket.select to do non-blocking
> IO on it.

Hi,

I don't know if it's what are you looking for, but there's rs232 library[1]
for Lua. I think, that adding the non-blocking read/write wouldn't be that
hard, I would say few lines of code. And I would welcome such contribution :-)

BTW I don't know if it's even possible to do that in pure Lua.

1. https://github.com/ynezz/librs232

-- ynezz