> And you know what? Trying to help users isn't easy. I beg them to tell me, when they report a problem (in bold writing on the web page) what version they are using.

I'm sorry, but that's not their fault.  You need to bypass the users,
if they were QA, it would be dfferent.  Give them an option to send
errors directly to you, or have the error reporting built in, so that
they send the error automatically ( after they accept that option of
course ) like mozilla/chrome/apples crash reporter.