In message <7F497979-DBC0-481E-BF32-18C4BC76D1FE@grubmah.com> you wrote:

> I agree that the pressure tends to have to do with what sort of
> programming one is trying to engage in with more functional styles
> being more challenged by Lua's otherwise very pleasant syntax

What we are seeing here are the ripples from the clash, in the early
1920s, between traditional mathematical notation [ f(x,y,...) ] and
that of the new logicians, Schoenfinkel, Curry et al, [f x y ... ]
whom the mathematical community tended to cold-shoulder till well
after the coming of computers, Lisp, etc. I love Haskell notation,
myself, but I can well understand that is not to the taste of others.
It comes down to whether the application operator should be distfix or
invisible.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/