* Mike Pall:

> Nope, that won't work. LuaJIT uses 32 bit pointers everywhere (the
> standard allocators won't guarantee that). And due to other
> limitations in the x64 architecture, it may only use the lowest 2GB.

Are these pointers tagged?  If not, you could compress them further,
getting to 32 GB addressable range.  Or you could keep a base address
and use relative addressing (but it seems that for Hotspot, this was
slower than the scaled-only variant).

On the other hand, I guess the effort required for process separation
is generally worth it.