On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Michael Newberry
<mnewberry@mirametrics.com> wrote:
> [...]

I don't see why you're suddenly worried, as nothing has changed - Lua
in its default state has never supported 64 bit integers, as with
lua_Number == double, you only get 52 bit integers. Given that bit
operations on 52 bits are rarely wanted, it makes sense for the bit
manipulation library to treat integers as 32 bit integers, as that is
the largest value <= 52 which is commonly wanted.