On 27.10.2010 2:05, Mike McGonagle wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for a simple way to generate and write a color image to
disk. I know that there is the GD library, the Cairo library, and
several other things that require the installation of various C level
libraries in order to use them. I don't want to have to install a
bunch of libraries that deal with reading and writing images, as all I
am looking to do is be able to generate some simple image files that I
can then view in other programs.

what about SVG? http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/