I'm too working on a port of Node.js to Lua at the moment. It will be called LuaNode or something like that, probably.

I'm mostly done with the TCP / HTTP stuff so I hope to release something "usable" soon (however, when I grep my code for "TODO" or "FIXME", the count is still much high :D )

I have almost the same design criteria as Brian (though not going for sandboxes nor multiple versions), but I'm using Boost::Asio instead of libevent or similar libraries, due to lack of experience with those and the need to this whole thing to run in Windows too.

Regards,
Ignacio