> In short, while some people are tirelessly chasing the one and only true way, others are simply getting things done :P

  I would be very silly if I did not ask suggestions from people who
know the language I'm learning, no?

Thanks to all who have replied!  Thank you very much!

For the rank beginner, it's good to be able to map concepts across
languages, so I'll probably give Orbit a try.
The RSP based one looks fascinating, something like POE/Twisted/Node,
but  ... We'll see.

Back to the book for me.  Your help is very much appreciated :).