In order to support procedures, a SQL interface needs to support multiple results sets. While I don't have specific knowledge of LuaSQL, I do know that other software (e.g. Postfix) doesn't support procedures for this reason.

Signoff
Chris

Top posted because of limitations in the Android 2.1 Gmail client.