OK, I know that this is probably not the best thing to do, but it
really is one thing that has started to piss me off about a lot of the
newer things that I would like to check out...

I was looking at LuaDoc today, and it said that there are only two
dependencies... OK, yes, directly, there are only two dependencies,
but those two dependencies have a few of their one, and one of them is
being forced to use "Git". But because I have an older Mac OS X
system, I am limited to using G4 code, and so far, all that I have
been able to find for the Mac for Git is all on the Intel systems. Or,
if I want to use an older system, I have to install the whole MacPorts
system.

So, now a simple Lua system (or something I thought was simple), has
not only the two dependencies it claims, but it also requires that I
install Git, which in turn requires that I either upgrade my hardware
(which is isn't going to happen), or I install another Port system for
Linux (I already have Fink installed).

I just wish that there were some simple methods to install these
things that were PORTABLE. Yeah, I know, some of you will just tell me
that I need to get with the times, but hey, sorry, I don't have the
money that you do to buy a new machine ever time a new generation of
software comes out.

I guess the next machine I should buy is a Linux machine... but that
won't happen for a while...

Thanks for allowing me to vent...

Mike