On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I think that such libraries, whenever possible, should be split up
> to several independent rocks, so user would be able to install only
> the required components (plus, of course, some inevitable core
> modules).

David and I were just discussing that, in fact. A lot of the
dependencies involved are artificial, they're 'accidental
complexities' that come from framework madness. (This is a temporary
delusionary state which happens when you are writing large libraries)

Most of the modules can be used on their own, with a few little
changes. So I may be taking away a few bits of functionality for the
next PL release, but it will be Lua 5.2 compatible.

steve d.