Hi Scott

Well your example on top of being more correct is also way cooler. ninjaCat heheh :)

Do you think the idea of using toSort(or a better name) to pack field attempts and then taking the first non nil as per the inheritance chain is fundamentally flawed? I know your meta table based example is the better code but the programmer has to know what a meta table is.

I am afraid I am still clueless on how to benchmark my silly example as well.

Thanks for your feedback-Patrick