On 9/23/2010 4:15 AM, Rob Kendrick wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 08:54:24PM +0200, Fabien wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Thomas Harning Jr. wrote:

This isn't so much a bug in Lua as it is a problem in Windows.  You
could work around this by forcing stdout to be binary _setmode... but
that's pretty ugly and platform specific.

My point is, today "-o -" is not usable on win32. That the questionable
design decision was taken by MS and not Lua is true but irrelevant: the
option should either be usable on win32, or disabled for that platform.

It would be a shame if we bloated Lua's sources with #ifdefs to disable
functionality on every badly designed and implemented system.

Yep, on Windows, we quickly learn not to do certain things. It's not POSIX by default, after all, so apply "YMMV". Don't run with scissors, yada yada.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)