> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org]
> De la part de steve donovan
> Envoyé : mardi 21 septembre 2010 10:39
> À : Lua mailing list
> Objet : Re: Some enhancements in table initializations
>
> -1 for mandatory semi-colons, BTW

Well, I certainly don't propose this, I simply ask what the actual benefit is of not having them? As I said, I don't use them, but I could just as easily do. I don't especially miss a mandatory statement separator, as long as I don't have to second-guess what the parser will decide what bytecode to generate, or what is valid syntax or not depending on the way I break lines :-).