On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:03 AM, sagasw <sagasw@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I have a question. Lua should be able to use in server too, and
> could use libevent/libev as I know,
> How about the performance that use Lua libevent compare with node.js?
> Is it possible that port node.js to Lua? or just use node.js with Lua?
I was working on a similar project (which I started before I was aware
of node), but put it on the back burner for a while because I decided
I'd rather just use Erlang for high-performance async servers and
leave Lua to what it does best. :) (I'm also not a web developer - it
was a side project that grew out of a distributed filesystem I'm
working on.)

I will probably get back to it sooner or later, though - I have a
mostly-complete LPEG grammar for parsing HTML, a wrapper for libev
(which includes almost all the watcher types, unlike the one on
github), and separate backends for LuaSocket's select (doesn't scale
well, but very portable and still quite fast) and the libev wrapper
(not 100% complete yet). At the very least, I hope to get the libev
wrapper posted soon.

Scott