> Both seem to be a bit Windows-specific.

Yes I'm sorry, the application form is just a GUI wrapper for the script, built for windows.
However, the script can be used as knowledge base to write something similar for other
operating systems.

> I must add that it should be free, open-source and work on Linux (and,
> optionally, OS X). :-)
Hehe well there are many free sources available but unfortunately I only know
the ones designed for Windows, like this HW Pretty Printer script. Perhaps you
can use it to port it to linux in another language.

It's opensource, free but it only doesn't work on the described operating systems
hehe.

- Bas