Hi Mike,

In order to use tracing for my own library functions, I put them inside LuaJIT 2 just like the built-in modules. This worked great for a while, but now I've hit the 256 fast function limit. I noticed even pure C functions without tracing use up FFIDs and avoiding that could be a way out.
I know you're planning on implementing a foreign function interface so I wonder if you had any ideas about how a general solution would look? For example, do you think increasing the size of the ffid field would affect performance a lot?

Regards,
Erik Lindroos