Well, I've written an OAuth module for Lua based on the Lightroom plugin. I guess I should contact the author before uploading my code to github.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Stuart P. Bentley <stuart@testtrack4.com> wrote:
As explained by a previous message outside the thread, Twitter disallowed basic auth on August 31st.

There was a guy who wrote an OAuth Twitter library for Lightroom a while back, but he was such a jerk (most of his comments were insults directed toward Lua) that I've never really felt like looking at his code.

Maybe somebody from this list who actually "gets" Lua can write a standard OAuth library (with socket.http). Next time I'm on the machine I have the page open on I'll paste the link to the script this guy wrote.