Its been a little while so I thought I would announce the latest pre-release
version of my Lua language plugin for IntelliJ and related JetBrains products.

The current feature list:

   1. Go to definition (experimental) (works also via ctrl-click on the identifier)
   2. find usages (experimental)
   3. Simple code formatting
   4. Keyword completion
   5. 2 code inspection(s)
   6. Highlighting global vs local variables
   7. Script execution and run configurations
   8. Kahlua interpreter window for interactive script execution (repl)
   9. Comes with an embedded Lua compiler written in Java (Kahlua)
  10. Structure view
  11. Syntax checking
  12. Syntax highlighting - including proper handling of extended syntax
comments and quotes
  13. Customizable highlighting colors
  14. Code folding for code blocks and comments
  15. Brace Matching for do blocks, long strings and comments, and (, { , [
  16. Minor feature: comment in/out.

Also support for Lua project types has been added, so you no longer need to
create a Java project to use the Lua support.

The variable reference resolution is still in its infancy. Lexically scoped
variables are handled, globals are not. There are probably quite a few edge
cases that i haven't covered, however its still quite usable in its current form.

If you would like to try it out, there is a free version of IntelliJ:

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/free_java_ide.html

To install the Lua plugin, use the plugin manager inside IntelliJ

To do so, choose File/Settings/Plugins, and Locate the Lua plugin and right
click it and choose install.