No, any program can run _javascript_ embedded in web pages as long as they use webkit to do so.

So, yes, "Apple has released its grip," is significantly overstating it. "Adjusting its grip," might be more accurate. The point is that Lua programs can be openly distributed on a popular consumer platform, albeit without freedoms we have come to expect.

Signoff
Chris

My waffle iron beat up your smart phone.

On Sep 10, 2010 8:28 AM, "Martin Schröder" <martin@oneiros.de> wrote:

2010/9/10 Kevin Vermeer <reemrevnivek@gmail.com>:

> An Application may not download or install executable code. Interpreted code
> may only be used in...

So only Safari may run _javascript_ embedded in web pages?

Best
  Martin