If you are using the app store.  Now that the DMA stuff has settled out, it is perfectly legal to jailbreak and use Cydia.  You could post such an app there because it isn't apple regulated.  Some has reservations about jail breaking and I understand, I did it because my warranty and contract expired and I wanted to see what it was all about.
							Nathaniel Lewis

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On Behalf Of Martin Voigt
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:21 PM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Ok, Apple has released its grip

To me it's simple...As long as you distribute the lua code inside your
app, your app is allowed to run it. If your app downloads lua code, it
is not allowed to run it. Apart from security, apple is protecting
it's itunes store. If you would be able to download and run code from
inside an application, you could easily set up your own "store",
consisting of scripts or whatever, and that goes against apple's
"single source" policy.

bw,
Martin