(No this isn't a request / question why... read on)
Hello everyone,

I've modified Lua 5.1.4-2 to add a basic (32 bit) integer type as a core type (on the same level as function, number, ...) ... if anyone would like to try it out and test it with code they have I would be interested in knowing if you have any problems (specific to integer/number :-) or other errors for code that works fine on the mainline interpreter.

You can download it at http://anrp.net/lua/ (If you want to use the patch, it's generated against stock 5.1.4-2)

I've done some basic testing and it seems to work fine with the example programs, but I don't know what to run to specifically stress the numerical bits.

And yes some parts of the code look nasty, but it's a first try.

Thank you,
Andrew