We recently tried the current work version, here's my feedback so far...

* I really like the "new" handling of modules, the whole module(...),
assigning globals to module-only locals and x = require("y") was a bit
arcane to me anyway ;)
* The loadlin() approach feels more concise than setfenv
* Also, on the C side of things, registering libs seems now easier
(porting LFS and our own libs was a breeze)

Only bug i found (so far): when using

error("oops", 2)

the second argument seems to have no effect whatsoever, even 0 doesn't
show any difference in the stack trace. I tried it with and without
require("debug") and compiling with the compat option for including
debug by default.

All in all, compliments PUC -Rio

lg,
Martin