On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 5:14 AM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> Is there justification for Lua likewise having a separate mail list
> for Lua module authors?  ....

I'd say this was a good idea, because there are many Lua users who
have little interest in the necessary gory details of module
development and policy.  Then lua-l can focus on the language, and
Lua-related usage questions.

>  OTOH, for this proposal to make sense we would need to avoid a
> situation where everyone feels the need to subscribe to both lists
> with lots of cross-talk.

Module writers and hard-core embedders would no doubt remain on lua-l as well.

steve d.