On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is important that each parameter in the resulting string will be on
> a separate line. This is a surprisingly rare feature for command-line
> XML pretty-printers I've tried (note that, anyway, I need a Lua
> module, not a command-line tool).

It doesn't sound like a difficult thing to put together on a rainy
afternoon (which is how many Lua modules get started ;)) but I'm sure
it would not make everyone happy, since the desired presentation for a
piece of XML depends on how you want to view its structure. (E.g.
compare your desired presentation with XHTML.)   Maybe a
template-driven approach, or at least heavily customizable.

On a somewhat OT note, it would be cool if luaexpat had a module to
convert LOM format into string XML output - there would then be the
same problem of customizing the presentation.

steve d.