On 8/30/2010 10:08 AM, Patrick McCavery wrote:
You certainly are a fantastic programmer but could you "dumb"
things down a bit for those of us who mostly program in our
pyjamas :)

There are ideal uses for every tool. Could you give me some
guidance as to when to use C and when to use LuaJit? Again I know
something like Kernel space would be bad.

I would rather you give Mike some peace and quiet to code. He's not obliged to hold tuition lessons on this list. Notice that he's smart enough to stay out of all the low-quality discussions that has been going round-and-round-and-round...

Go Google a bit and you'll learn a lot. Older folks invest the time and effort (and a lot of it) -- younger folks should learn not to expect instant results. We've all been spoilt rotten by all the cheap and cool and powerful gadgets thanks to the marvels of mass production.

Expert skills don't come easy. Yes, we can tell you bits and pieces here and there, but you'll just end up with bits and pieces and that's a very poor substitute for real expertise. Better to learn it properly.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)