Seems, I've found some issue with luainspect, the script[1] and output[2] in
HTML and Vim. It seems, like it's more luainspect issue, so I hope David
follows this thread also :-)

1. http://ynezz.true.cz/luainspect/test.lua
2. http://ynezz.true.cz/luainspect/li.jpg

Thanks for the bug report. I encountered the same bug recently [1]:

Bug: When you add some empty lines to the start of a Lua buffer the highlighting breaks! I haven't tracked this down completely yet but it looks to be a bug somewhere deep down inside of Metalua or LuaInspect :-|

I have verified that luainspect.vim and luainspect4vim.lua pass the correct code to LuaInspect without stripping leading empty lines or such nonsense. The strange thing is that the bug doesn't seem to be caused by my plug-in, but at the same time LuaInspect inside SciTE doesn't show the bug! Maybe the line/column info in the AST isn't correct with leading comments, and scite.lua corrects this while my plug-in doesn't...

I'll carefully read through scite.lua one more time in the hope that I find what I'm missing :-)

 - Peter Odding

[1] http://github.com/xolox/vim-lua-inspect/blob/master/TODO.md