Hi all,

Former programmer here and I'm interested in game design now.  It seems that knowledge of LUA/Python are both highly desireable in the field of game design.  I honestly haven't programmed in about 13 years (not a huge fan of it) but I'm willing to learn LUA to some degree if it will help me get into game designing.  I was never the best coder, but I'm good with puzzles, characters, placing, concepts and all the rest so I'm pushing myself to learn enough LUA to be useful as a game designer.  Since I'm a poor self-learner, I was hoping someone might know of a place I can train in LUA around the Los Angeles area.  It's been tough for me to track down actual LUA training or classes on the web.  I see there is a Python class at UCLA's Extension program but it seems LUA is preferable to Python.

Any advice?

Thanks!