Cédric wrote:

> Is the project still alive?

No, just in need of some resuscitation :-)

> I couldn't build it with the latest Haru PDF library that I
> found here (http://github.com/tony2001/libharu).

I wasn't aware of this version (tony2001-libharu-7f9ff9a). It
looks good and I hope it can be merged with the version at
http://libharu.org.

> The compiler (or preprocessor) complains about the files
> from the latest Haru PDF library. Not a linking problem
> this time :P

> So the question is: has someone successfully built the
> LuaHPDF library lately and could spare some information on
> how he or she made it please ? (see
> http://luahpdf.luaforge.net/)

I just successfully built it and generated the demo PDFs using

  make demo

To build the HPDF library I used these commands:

  ./buildconf.sh --force
  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install

To build the LuaHPDF module, I used the following command:

  gcc -DHPDF_SHARED -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  \
    -I ../tony2001-libharu-7f9ff9a/include \
    -fPIC -DPIC -shared -o hpdf.so hpdf.c -l hpdf

There was an issue on line 166 of
tony2001-libharu-7f9ff9a\include\hpdf.h. To correct it, I added

  typedef HPDF_HANDLE HPDF_Error;

just beneath

  typedef HPDF_HANDLE HPDF_U3D;

I'll contact Antony Dovgal (the maintainer of about this
version) about this small problem.

In the next week, I will revise the tarball at
http://luahpdf.luaforge.net/. For the Windows build, I intend
to drop Visual C support and use mingw instead.

-- Kurt