On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> On 1 Aug 2010, at 14:33, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>> >Yes. We are changing the policy that modules should define globals.
>>
>> What do you mean by that? I thought this always has been up to the
>> module developer and the 'module' function was just to aid the
>> developer doing something considered an usual practice.
>
> It was and still it is up to the developer to choose whether to create
> globals. Now the "usual practice" seems so simple that it does not
> deserve a helper function. Just write this:

I got the part that you are deprecating 'module' because it does not
seem so useful anymore (a sign that the language itself got better
;-). I just got curious because you sounded like you were changing
something about the way modules are loaded or should be written.

--
Renato Maia
Computer Scientist