On 07/22/2010 08:55 AM, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
You don't mention what OS you are using, but for 'nix maybe
something like this would help:

os.execute("/usr/bin/nice -n 19 mencoder blah blah ...")

The mplayer/mencoder man page is a little more than I can digest in one
sitting, but it looks like "CPU" appears quite a number of times - maybe
one of those options would help?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "things are not working reliably" ?

  - Jeff

Hi Jeff

Thanks very much, nice looks perfect, I had never heard about it before. I am running this on Ubuntu at the moment but I have several Distros here that I run. I was having reliability problems because sometimes mplayer would start and sometimes it would not and sometimes it would terminate early. Your suggestion might just fix this.

--Patrick