Maybe you cab use one of the many Lua posix libraries.

Il giorno 22/lug/2010, alle ore 13.30, Patrick <spell_gooder_now@spellingbeewinnars.org > ha scritto:

I am writing my first program that utilizes corountines and I think they are great. Unfortunately they are not supported in so many other languages and other places such as the shell. I am writing a program that generates graphs as PNGs, encodes them into a video and plays them with mplayer, to generate a live plot and a recording of activity. This is all done on the fly.

The problem is I am using to os.execute calls for mencoder and mplayer and things are not working reliably. I would like to be able to control these last two programs but once a system call is made I can't figure out how to throttle the processes it has generated. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be achieved? I have not used io.popen, I can't seem to find much documentation on it but I am assuming the processes called by it will still run as fast as they can.

-- Patrick