On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:00, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So. Is there a JavaScript implementation of Lua compiler and VM that
>> I'm not aware of?

> There was a thread on precisely this subject:

Well, this topic is about translation of Lua to JS.

> Although the languages are often compared and have similar features,
> the devil is in the semantic details - e.g. JavaScript's implicit
> number conversions.

That is the problem when one does translation. I'm interested in the
honest compiler + VM implementation. Just like people do for Flash.
[1]

> A germane comment is in

> "Lua has a lot of catching up to do if it wants to be as big and as
> slow as JavaScript. "

No problem with size or speed here. Don't plan to do anything
intensive this way.

Alexander.

[1] — see this, for example: http://github.com/tobeytailor/gordon