joao lobato <btnfdp.lobato@gmail.com> writes:
> May I humbly suggest that we leave all the global/local thing as it
> is? We have learned to live with it, so can the next batch of Lua
> programmers.

Lua has misfeatures, and we've all obviously learned to work around them
in one way or another (otherwise we wouldn't be using Lua!) -- but that
doesn't mean it's not good to fix when doing so is practical.

The implementation suggested by Roberto looks quite useful, is optional,
and would be off by default for backward compatibility.  So what's the
problem, exactly?

-miles

--
Non-combatant, n. A dead Quaker.