On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM, John Price <jp_lua@gcfl.net> wrote:
I've embedded Lua into my application, but there are a few things I
would like to be able to do that I can't seem to figure out:

1. I'd like to be able to turn on a mode where I can list out each
line of Lua code as it is being executed (kinda like a trace mode).
In this mode I'm not too worried about speed.  Perhaps a callback from
Lua that gets called every time a new line gets executed?

2. I'd like to abort a Lua script while it is executing.  Right now
I'm using loadfile and pcall to execute a script.  Once those are
called, it doesn't return until the script is finished (or error).
I'd like to either prematurely abort that execution, or execute it
another way so that I can abort the script.

It might be overkill but Lua Lanes (multi threading library) allows killing a thread, so you'd only :-) have to create a thread which calls your script, figure out how to communicate with your main thread, and kill the "script thread" it if you get bored of it.....

Thanks for any help.

jp

--
Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a
person who drives a racecar not called a racist?

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!