Is that so? The manual doesn't say in what direction statements are
executed; all it says that they are executed sequentially. I always
thought that it was implied that they are executed top-to-bottom,
left to right, but now I realize it is undefined behavior since this
is not explicitly mentioned in the manual.

I guess I should start writing palindrome-programs, just in case
lua 6 decides to start executing in reverse.