> But however this is addressed, people will realize that accesses
> to table(record/structure)-fields have *exactly* the same problem
> and will start trying to "fix" that ...

This is why I clearly stated my goal: I do not want to solve the whole
"global is bad" dillema. I only want to solve a very specific problem of
unintended use of globals. When you write "t.x" (or even "_ENV.x"), it
is quite clear what you are doing.

Lua is a dynamic language with dynamic typing, and we do not intend to
change that.

-- Roberto