On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> wrote:
LuaEclipse 2, still under development, uses Metalua to analyze Lua source code. For now it performs basic analysis (outline, occurences of local and global vars...), but I hope it will soon let you write and plug custom analysis and refactoring code in Lua or Metalua. There is a certain appeal to writing your Lua-refactoring code in Lua, I believe, if only for learning curve reasons.

Maybe it would be interesting to co-develop some portion of the static analyzer that worked on both platforms. That would tend to attract more contributors as well.