On 07/05/2010 12:48 AM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
> After wasting two hours playing with advanced Bash syntax again, I've
> decided that I'm fed up with Bash scripting. Therefore, my Monday
> resolution:
>
> Starting this Monday if I write a "shell-script" kind of program that
> is more than seven lines long, I'll try very hard to write it in Lua,
> not in Bash.

We looked into that for the (fairly elaborate) installer script shipping
with a cross-platform app we make.

We ended up switching from Bash to Python. It was a matter availability
of the runtime environment.
Python is pre-installed on /all/ Linux distros we target and on OSX.

Lua is available, out of the box, on /some/ Linux distros we target, but
definitely not on OSX. :|

.mm