On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 01:23:28 +0200, "Timm S. Mueller"
<tmueller@schulze-mueller.de> wrote:
>Yes, of course, and it works beautifully, but this very much depends on
>your application, build and packaging system. I'm using buildroot for
>my current project.

Thanks Timm for the information. Since I have absolutely no experience
using buildroot to cross-compile, I'll try to figure out how to add a
package to it by looking at Makefile's and the sample you provided.

Besides the two books below, do you guys know of good sources of
information on how to include Lua + modules in a buildroot, and check
for issues during compiling (on an MMU-less CPU)?

"Building Embedded Linux Systems, Second Edition"
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529680

"Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach"
http://www.embeddedlinuxprimer.com/

Thank you.